Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I would really like Juliana Hatfield to become my friend

I am so impressed with Juliana Hatfield. She's got to be the most talented singer/songwriter/guitarist/rockin' chick ever. Screw Janis Joplin and all these other drugged out people who "died before their prime." No... Try killed themselves with drugs and were always losers (ie. Kurt Cobain - loser).

But not Jules. I love her. She has the cutest little voice that just reminds you of a little girl asking for candy and holding her dad's hand. But she's also ferocious when she wants to be. And timid. And confused. Above all else, she's human. She has never come across as anything but herself.

I've seen her live numerous times. From 1994 through 2004. She did a Newbury Comics in-store performance, where I got to meet her. I was shell shocked. She is my idol. I couldn't speak. Luckily, I had Bill there with me (Jules is partly the reason why we even became friends in the first place) and he helped me gush that she had been my most FAVORITE singer ever since I was 16. I was totally star struck. We took pictures of her and her dog. We went to see her at T T the Bear (I think) in Cambridge two (?) years ago and she walked right past me. She's sooo thin. Like a china doll. A tall china doll. I want to feed her hamburgers and give her a hug. Bill and I used "Might Be In Love" as our wedding song. I want to sit down with her and find out about her life. I want to know who she loves and what she hates and how she comes up with the hooks and swings in her songs.

Juliana, if you're out there. I'm a good person and I think you are a good person and I think we should be friends. You're beautiful.

No comments: