Friday, September 23, 2005

Mommy & Liam

Welp, I am truly sick. I totally feel for those moms who get sick soon after their baby is born, since it totally sucks. I was pretty healthy throughout my pregnancy, so actually getting sick is new for me. I didn't mind throwing up every morning of my pregnancy, since I knew that I would almost immediately feel better after I did it. But now... I have an ear infection, I've already gone through a box of tissues and roll of toilet paper in just one day, I can't hear anything, my head is totally blocked and I have 35 people coming to my house on Sunday. Can you spell stress? I can. It's spelled B-A-P-T-I-S-M!

But at least I have my beautiful Liam and my wonderful Bill! Here's a picture of Liam looking up at mommy with those Stewey eyes... Saying "what the hell is wrong with you mommy???"



This was pre-death-flu-infection-cold-misery.

I wish that I could just let things go. Allow myself to have a normal party with mismatched plates and plasticware. Not have 17 appetizers to go along with the 72 sandwiches I ordered for the 35 people who will be attending the baptism. I swear... This is bordering on wedding size. Bill is being amazing with cleaning up the house for me. After I get home from work, I'm exhausted and I've got the baby and he likes to be played with, so I can't just let him wail in his gym, while I clean the bathroom. So Bill has been doing so much around the house to get it ready for crazy company. And that is very cool. It's takes a lot of pressure off of me.

I'm just looking forward to 2:00 PM today, when I can get out of work, got to the bank, go to physical therapy and then start the rest of the baptism errands, including, but not limited to, picking up the chairs from the rental place, going to the market, going to Dunkin' Donuts to get coffee, cleaning up the rest of the house, sleeping, getting up on Saturday to start getting the platters ready, pick up the deli sandwiches from Gregg's, pick up the cake, pick up the balloons, pick up the edible arrangement, say hello to in-laws, as they are coming on Saturday afternoon, go out to dinner with my parents and in-laws and stress about what else needs to be done. Ehhhhh.... Yucko. But then there's always Monday. And hey, stop by my house. I'll probably have 71342035982034820475 sandwiches left over!

2 comments:

jocey520 said...

How was the baptism, have you recovered yet, and how is your sickness????

Erin said...

Ask and ye shall receive!

I'm going to be off work every Friday from now on, but working til 5:30 Monday - Thursday, so we'll have to get together on the weekend sometime. Let me know what yours and Greg's schedule looks like, okay?