Thursday, September 29, 2005

The baby's first cold

I can honestly say that hearing my baby cough and sneeze is the most horrible sound I've ever heard. He's got his first cold. My dad scared the life out of me on Tuesday when he called me to tell me Liam was sick. I called the doctor and they told me to get him a decongestant and some saline drops. He's just so miserable sounding. He can't sleep in his crib, because he's too stuffed up and he won't breathe through his mouth. So I've had him sleep in his car seat on the floor in our bedroom. That way, if he has a problem breathing, I'm right next to him and can help him. Other than not being able to breathe, though, he seems fine. We brought him to the doctor's and had to sit on the "sick kids" side, which freaked Bill out. She said that his lungs sound good, so it's just the same cold/sickness that literally everyone I know has.

I went back to the doctor's yesterday and she put me on a different anti-biotic. I still have a wicked ear infection and can't completely hear out of my left ear. The whole family is just a mess.

Oh well... Only 7 or so more hours and then I can go home and spend the next three days with my little buddy and my big buddy. :-)

1 comment:

jocey520 said...

Oh honey I am so sorry little Liam is sick, I hope you all feel better!!!! I know sick babies are just way too pathetic to deal with. The only positive thing about a baby with a cold is that they are super cuddly!!! :)