Tuesday, September 27, 2005

It's time for a bit of in the bed disco....

Yes, the title is obscure and has nothing to do with baptism, but I'm currently obsessed with the song "Bitte Ein Kuss" by Onelinedrawing.

We did it! We made it through! Liam was baptised and didn't even scream!

Liam woke up at around 7:00 AM on Sunday and was in a really good mood, even though he had the stinkiest poop diaper I think I've ever smelled. It was truly gross. So I made the decision to leave him in comfy clothes that he could poop all over until about 10 minutes before we had to leave for the church.


He was such a good boy in the morning! He was all smiley and able to sit up all by himself. It's so cliche, but he's growing up so quickly!

So we got him ready for the church and he promptly fell asleep in the car. He slept for the first part of the ceremony and then once we got him out of his car seat, he realized that he was, in fact, hot as hell and got really fussy. So I tried to take off his little jacket and his slippers, to make it a bit more comfortable for him, but it was still warm in the church. The priest baptised him and he actually didn't cry at all!


I think he actually felt relieved, since the water was probably cool for him.

So after the church, we had approximately 35 people back at our house for a celebration of Liam. He got fussy, so Bill and I hung out with him in his room for part of it, just to make him feel more comfortable. We got a beautiful cake from Scrumptions.


And even with the multitudes of different people, no one got into a fist fight or anything! The Red Sox won (yeah!!) and Liam fell asleep around 7:30 PM. All in all, it was actually a really great day.

However, I am still sick. I still can't hear out of my left ear, so I think I'm going to have to call the doctor again soon. It's all messed up.

BTW:

The baby is doing so well with tummy time. Look at him... He's the most adorable child ever!

1 comment:

jocey520 said...

Greg might have an ear infection too, but of course he doesn't want to go to the doctor stubborn man.
Glad to hear the baptism went well, and I am so happy for you that you are going to have fridays off now..that is great, it will make such a diffence. Greg is working the next two weekends so I am free both of them, I don't think I have anything going on at all, so let me know your schedule and we can get together.