Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Just one more eensy - teensy blog...

So I've been a reading fool! It's so nice to actually have time to read fiction!

I finished "Girls Guide to Hunting & Fishing." It was okay - I'm not a big fan of short stories, so if this had been one complete story, I think I would have enjoyed it more. Definitely chick fic.

I also finished "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime." I was seriously disturbed by this book. It's about an austistic? boy in England who is trying to solve the murder of his next door neighbors dog and ends up finding out that all this other awful stuff is happening and he doesn't know how to deal. It's always disturbing to me to read about kids who have disorders, because I'm so afraid that Liam could get some awful disorder and I would be so sad. So yeah - not exactly the book that I was expecting.

I started reading "Magical Thinking," since I've read all of Augusten Burrough's other books and everyone else was reading it, so why shouldn't I? So far, so Augusten. I didn't have to read the short story about the rat in his apartment, since he read that to us at his book speechy thing at Bryant. And I woke up inexplicably at 10:00 PM last night and couldn't sleep, so I decided to read another one of the short stories (I know I said that I didn't like short stories, but somehow it works here) and it just so happened to be the story about the housekeeper. Now for those of you who have read the book, I hope you're chuckling. I seriously doubt that I will be able to read anything in this book that will be funnier and more entertaining. I was almost in hysterics by the end of the chapter (well, hysterics for me at 10:30 PM). Ha! Pennies!

Vacation is coming!! I can't wait to read more books - I just hope that Liam gives us a chance to play in the lake/pool and read and relax! I may just need a vacation from my vacation!

1 comment:

Bill D. said...

I strongly suspect a post-vacation vacation will indeed be in order. At least we'll have the quick Chicago trip a month later. Not that'll be any less busy, now that I think of it.

Oy.